We’ve broken down his keynote for you here so you can get a glimpse into how he was able to achieve $1.4M in Sales in 1 month.
Why do you need an app?
- •47% of people expect your page to load in 2 seconds
- •40% will bounce after 3 seconds if the page doesn’t load
- •4 seconds before page load time starts to affect your Facebook CPM
- •You lose 7 percent of your conversions for every second your page load lags, if you’re Amazon that means you would lose $1.6B for every second
- •Facebook advertising costs are only increasing and they own your data
- •Mobile optimizing your website isn’t enough anymore
Owning your own media is crucial
- •Email marketing: 20% open rates, 90 min response time
- •SMS marketing: 98% open rates, 79% check text first thing in the morning
5 Steps to 'Tappin’ that App'
Step 1: Select a plan that works for your company
Step 2: Make your app using the drag-and-drop interface
- •Van built his app in 2 hours
- •When he started in 2016, Diesel Power Gear paid a developer $80K to make an app and it was obsolete in 3 months
- •With Tapcart, if there’s a new feature that comes out, you’re going to get it
- •No need to hire a dev team, ‘they just do it for you’
Step 3: Get downloads
- •Van ran a giveaway that promoted the app
- •He sent email and SMS campaigns about the app
- •He ran social media posts with influencers
Step 4: Push notifications
- •62% of individuals that downloaded the app turned on push notifications
- •He spent $180K on text messages and $0 on push notifications
- •One push notification made him $67K
Step 5: Get reviews
- •"You don’t need 20K reviews, you just need 5-star reviews"
- •He sent an email to the top 1000 customers, asking for their feedback, he gave out 50% off codes for anyone who left a 5-star review
- •Customers are always signed in
- •Apple Pay checkout in 2 clicks
- •No developer costs
- •Integrates with other apps
- •23% higher conversion rate than mobile website
- •$1,383,032 in one month
- •44,736 push subscribers
We highly recommend watching the clip here.